SUMMER SCENES AND WILDLIFE OF ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK
Rocky Mountain National Park is one of the most popular national parks in the U.S. Join professional nature photographer in her backyard park to photograph beautiful landscapes and amazing wildlife in this pristine landscape.
DATES: June 24-27, 2021
LOCATION: Estes Park, Colorado
RATE: $1195 per person; $350 deposit due at registration
GROUP SIZE: max of 3
This photo workshop will include landscape photography and some walking. The high elevation of the park should be considered for those with any health concerns as we will be traveling to elevations above 12,000 feet. The workshop is idea for beginner to intermediate photographers.
- We will start at sunrise to photograph one of the best sunrise locations in the park, Sprague Lake.
- From our sunrise spot we will travel to a mountain meadow to look for elk calves.
- From the meadow, we will travel up to Trail Ridge Road to look for wildlife such as pika, marmots, elk and bighorn sheep.
- We will head back to Estes Park for lunch and some downtime.
- For sunset we will head back up Trail Ridge Road for silhouettes of wildlife and/or views of the western mountains.
- We will begin the day with a sunrise photo in a mountain meadow.
- From the meadow, we will drive up a dirt back road to photograph a waterfall and then continue up to Trail Ridge Road to look for wildlife.
- We will continue the morning heading into Kawaneechee Valley to look for wildlife and then have lunch in Grand Lake.
- The afternoon will be spent traveling back through Kawaneechee Valley and up Trail Ridge Road looking for wildlife before wrapping up the day at Lily Lake for sunset.
- Anyone interested may join Dawn for an evening outing to photograph the Milky Way at an alpine lake.
- We will travel to a beautiful church for sunrise and then back to the park for a loop drive to look for wildlife.
- We will head back to the hotel in time for check out.
- The workshop will wrap up with a lunch in Estes Park to review the previous few days and answer any questions.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- guide service
- photography instruction
- transportation to photo locations
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- all meals; we will eat together as a group
- transportation to and from Estes Park
- hotel accommodations; I have hotel recommendations in Estes Park
- Remember to bring hat, gloves and warm jacket. It can get cold at 12,000 feet even in the summer and especially in the evening.
- Bring lots of water and snacks each day to keep you hydrated in the dry climate and high altitude.
- Fly into Denver, rent a car and drive to Estes Park (approximately 90 minutes). There are two shuttle services to Estes Park as well: Estes Park Shuttle and Bustang.
And be sure to check out my other workshops. New ones continue to be added.