Now Booking 2024 Tours! Feel free to email Dawn for information about tours in Summer and Fall 2024.
Dawn Wilson offers private photo tours and wildlife safaris in Rocky Mountain National Park, one of the most scenic and popular parks in the National Park System.
Each photo tour is customized to your skill level and interests, with the option to go out for a full day, half day, or on a sunrise or sunset photo experience. You will walk away with lots of new tips and tricks to improve your photography while enjoying this amazing park.
As a resident of northern Colorado for more than 20 years, including six in Estes Park, basecamp for Rocky Mountain National Park, Dawn's knowledge of the region comes from first-hand experience of being in the park on a regular basis. She knows where to look for animals—like moose, bighorn sheep, pikas, and more—as well as the best sunrise and sunset locations for gorgeous photos for your walls.
Are you local to Colorado and just looking to learn more about the park? A full-day tour is a great option to get an overview of everything the park has to offer—from the best trails to the most scenic vistas to hidden spots for wildlife—so you can come back and explore the park over and over again. A full-day tour includes exploring the east and west sides of the park, if Trail Ridge Road is open.
Private tours can be booked for up to three people. Start and end times are based on the time of year for sunrise and sunset.
- personal instruction
- travel to and from destination, including pick up at your lodging in Estes Park
- guiding to spot wildlife, including instruction on how to find the animals
- landscape destinations at sunrise and/or sunset as well as other landscape
destinations during the day to prepare you for future visits
- FULL DAY: $725 for first person (about 8-10 hours; includes visit to West Side if Trail Ridge Road is open)
- HALF DAY: $450 for first person (about 4-6 hours)
- SUNRISE/SUNSET: $350 for first person (about 3 hours)
- $65 per additional person
- Payment due in full at time of booking to reserve and guarantee your requested tour date. Fees for service are strictly for photo instruction and naturalist education; they are not for transportation. By submitting payment, you are agreeing to my tour policies.
Dawn Wilson Photography LLC is permitted and insured to run photo tours in Rocky Mountain National Park.
Please read my workshop information prior to booking for additional details.
Email or text Dawn Wilson at 970-567-6109 to book your tour today!
What people have to say about tours with Dawn Wilson
Paul H.: "Mary and I appreciate your direction and guidance that evening in RMNP. It got us off to a super start. Although we were never able to see the Old Fall River Road, the Trail Ridge Road above Many Parks Curve, or Bear Lake because of the weather, we had a great time in Rocky, and hope to come back again.