COLORFUL COLORADO IN FALL COLORS 2020 PHOTO WORKSHOP
"Colorful Colorado" is what the signs on the highways state as visitors enter the Centennial State. There is a reason for it—the pinks and purples of sunrises, the oranges and reds of sunsets, and the golds, reds and yellows of fall colors.
DATES: October 3-6, 2021
LOCATION: Ridgway, Colorado
RATE: $1195 per person; $350 deposit due at registration
GROUP SIZE: three max
Join professional nature photographer and Colorado resident, Dawn Wilson, for a photo workshop to capture the stunning beauty of Colorado's autumn. We will travel to some of the most iconic locations as well as some secret spots in the San Juan Mountains to photograph aspens, landscapes, mountains and lakes. This workshop is ideal for the beginner to intermediate photographer.
- We will start at sunrise to photograph one of the most iconic locations in southern Colorado.
- From our sunrise spot we will travel onto a forest road to capture scenes of ranches, mountain and lakes.
- We will take a midday break for lunch, downloading, image review and downtime.
- We will wrap up the day with a drive down a forest service road for beautiful sunset locations.
- The day will start with a sunrise shot at another iconic Colorado location.
- We will spend the morning traveling along one of the most scenic roads of the San Juan Mountains.
- We will have lunch and some downtime before heading back out for afternoon and sunset shots at a beautiful lake.
- The morning will begin with sunrise photography at a ranch overlook.
- We will take a short drive for some morning photography and then head back to the hotel to check out.
- The workshop will wrap up with a lunch in Ridgway to review the previous few days and answer any questions.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- guide service
- photography instruction
- transportation to photo locations
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- all meals; we will be eating together as a group
- transportation to and from Ridgway
- hotel accommodations; I have hotel recommendations in the Ridgway area
ITEMS TO NOTE
- For guests visiting from outside of Colorado, you may want to consider flying into Grand Junction or Montrose. Denver is also an option with many more services and flight times but the drive to Ridgway is approximately five to six hours.
And be sure to check out my other workshops. New ones continue to be added.