MOOSE OF COLORADO PHOTO WORKSHOP
This workshop is currently on hold until damage from the wildfires of 2020 can be assessed to determine viable moose habitat.
Moose are of one of the most charismatic animals in Colorado and their megafauna status always impresses photographers. Join professional nature photographer, Dawn Wilson, to photograph the Shiras moose on the western side of Rocky Mountain National Park and northern Colorado.
DATES: August 12-15, 2021
LOCATION: Grand Lake and Walden, Colorado
RATE: $1195 per person; $350 deposit due at registration
GROUP SIZE: max of 3
This photo workshop will include some walking and cool mornings. The high elevation of the park should be considered for those with any health concerns or those who live at lower elevations. The workshop is ideal for beginner to intermediate photographers.
- We will meet for dinner for introductions and an overview of the workshop.
- We will head out after dinner to look for moose in the Grand Lake area and western side of Rocky Mountain National Park.
- We will start at sunrise to look for moose on the west side of Rocky Mountain National Park and around the Grand Lake area. We will wrap up the morning with lunch and then drive to Walden, Colo.
- After settling in the hotel, we will head out to look for moose in the Walden area. We will have dinner in Walden.
- We will begin the day at sunrise looking for moose.
- We will head back to Walden for an early lunch and a little downtime at the hotel.
- In the late afternoon, we will head back out to look for moose around the Walden area.
- We will have dinner in Walden.
- We will have a short outing at sunrise to look for moose in the Walden area.
- We will head back to the hotel in time for check out.
- The workshop will wrap up with a lunch in Walden to review the previous few days and answer any questions.
- We will drive back to Grand Lake and arrive in time for
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- all meals; we will eat together as a group
- transportation to and from Grand Lake
- hotel accommodations; I have recommendations in Grand Lake and Walden
- Remember to bring hat, gloves and warm jacket. It can get cold at 9,000 feet, especially in the mornings and evenings.
- Bring lots of water and snacks each day to keep you hydrated in the dry climate and high altitude.
- Fly into Denver, rent a car and drive to Grand Lake (approximately three hours). In certain situations, depending on times, I may be able to arrange pick-up and drop-off services to and from Denver International Airport.
And be sure to check out my other workshops. New ones continue to be added.