Happy Colorado Day!
It is Colorado Day!
Columbine_Poudre_Canyon_2020_1A blue columbine, the state flower of Colorado, on a sunny day in the Poudre Canyon, Colorado. Each year on August 1, Colorado's statehood is celebrated with celebrations, discounts and parties held to mark the anniversary.
On August 1, 1876, President Ulysses S. Grant signed a proclamation declaring Colorado as the 38th state of the United States of America. Because it was also the centennial year for the U.S., Colorado became known as the Centennial State.
Here are some events happening in Colorado this week. Enjoy some time outdoors and bask in the beauty of Colorful Colorado. Colorado_welcome_sign_2016_1The Welcome to Colorful Colorado sign welcomes me on a morning drive back into Colorado. Although the signs may not be the most colorful, the 'Colorful Colorado' phrase is well deserved with the state's stunning sunrises and sunsets, mountain bowls full of vibrant flowers, fields of verdant green in the spring, and birds and animals in all shapes and sizes throughout the state.
- July 31 to August 6: Discounted admission to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs
- August 1 to 6: Denver Zoo is offering 50% admission tickets
- August 1: Free tours of the Governor's Mansion from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- August 1: Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum has 50% discount on general admission tickets with code COLO50
- August 7: All Colorado state parks will have free admission to Celebrate Colorado's birthday Bighorn_sheep_ram_RMNP_2018_1A portrait of a bighorn sheep ram (Ovis canadensis), the state mammal of Colorado, on a sunny morning against a blue sky in Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado.
For more events and details above the celebrations across the state, visit celebrate.colorado.gov.
Looking for some Colorado swag to sport while out enjoying the festivities? Check out these fun items. Note: Purchasing products through these links may provide me with a small commission at no additional cost to you.
- A baby onesie with a vintage Colorado logo
- T-shirt showcasing Colorado's 14ers
- Colorado logo socks from SmartWool (Love these socks! I have two pairs that go with me on every trip to bring a little Colorado with me.)
- Colorado baseball cap in a vintage trucker style
Keywords: anniversary, birthday, celebration, Colorado, Colorado Day, Colorado Life, events, free, free admission, history, outdoor, photography, travel
No comments posted.
Recent PostsResolutions for Nature Favorite Photos of 2023 Photographing Christmas Lights Winter Photo Tips: Part 3 — Taking Photos Winter Photo Tips: Part 2 - Clothing Cyber Week Deals for Photographers Winter Photo Tips: Part 1 - Your Car Photo Tips for Late Season Fall Photography Happy Colorado Day! Trip Report: Nome, Alaska